See if you Qualify in Alabama
Online Divorce provides qualitative and approved by the court Alabama divorce forms. The information below will help you understand more about the divorce in Alabama.
If you want to get divorce in Alabama any one of the three provisions must be fulfilled:
1. Both partners should be residents of the state.
2. At least one spouse should be resident of Alabama.
3. If both spouses do not live in Alabama then the filler has to be resident of the state of Alabama at least 6 months.
Valid Grounds to get divorce
The most widespread cause of divorce is the incompatibility of the spouses or the marriage is irrevocably broken.
Both fault and no-fault divorces are granted by the State of Alabama.
In case of no-fault divorce one party must allege that the marriage is 'irretrievably broken'. This is also can be considered as 'irreconcilable differences' and means that
the spouses can not stand each other.
Reasons for fault category can be (but may require evidence):
2. Addiction to alcohol or drugs.
3. Crime against nature or man (before or after the marriage) or imprisonment in a correctional institution for 2 years.
4. If one of the spouses must be placed in a psychiatric hospital for a period of up to 5 years.
5. If one of the spouses was physically ill or unable to act independently during the marriage.
6. Voluntary refusal of one of the spouses to sleep in the same bed for 1 year or more.
7. If one of the spouses has committed violence against himself or his partner which is endangering life or health,
or when, as a result of her or his behavior, there is a threat of such incidents.
8. When the wife was pregnant in marriage without notifying her husband.
Custody of the Child
?ourts of the state of Alabama are doing everything possible to provide the child with basic needs and maximum protection during the parents' divorce and may award with joint or sole custody. Custody of the child includes the right to make important decisions in the life of the child, including his upbringing and well-being.
The geographical location of spouses is important in the award of custody of the child.
Rules for Child Support
In order to receive custody of a child at the time of divorce in Alabama, the spouses must act in accordance with the Child Support Guidelines that came up from judicial administrations.
The income of both parents is taken into account when calculating alimony. Financial support for the child continues until he reaches age of 19 years.
State of Alabama does not provide official provision for mediation.
Divorce Forms in Alabama
Documents that you draw up for a divorce will vary depending on your conditions, as well as the district in which you file.
There is no need of a lawyer if you want to apply for divorce in Alabama. Filing divorce forms when the action is uncontested, a proceeding in which there are no disputes is also known as Pro Se Divorce.
An uncontested divorce not always means that you and your partner are happily agree with conditions, but means that you have discussed and agreed on all the issues only thing you need is the court to authorize the divorce.
The divorce process will be much more expensive and slower, if there are a lot of problems that can be solved only in the court's order.
If you do not have legal training, it will be difficult for you to understand the terminology / language and even steps that need to be taken to get a divorce in Alabama.
In many cases, filling out online papers through Online Divorce in Alabama will help soften many points in this process, as well as provide correctly filled in forms that will simply need to be brought to court.